Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My First Mingle Card

OK this is a first for me.  I have colored many, many "Magnolia" stamps, but I have never completed one into a card.  This is especially a thrill for me now, as it is also my very first Mingle Card with the Magnolia-licious group.  So I hope that my mingle "partner" is pleased with the finished project.  It was also my very first time using flowers from Wild Orchid and can I tell you how in love I am with their flowers.  The company is very reasonable in pricing, shipping, and the flowers are the best in quality.  I tried to add a lot of emblishing but I did not have all my "tools" of the trade with me when I was completing the card.  My next mingle card will have even more.  I had several of my spellbinders nesties and my cuddlebug embossing folders I wanted to use, but I'm sure I'll be doing more cards as we go along.  This is also another milestone for me on my blog.....it is my very first post with a "craft" item.  I started this blog with the intention of doing cards, etc., but life got in the way and I had to make a lot of changes in it.  You can tell by my journey all that has been happening to me.  I intend to continue to update my journey and I am way behind right now.  I will try to keep the crafts and the journey separate as soon as I can figure out what to do.  LOL  So enjoy my card.  Also next time I will do a better job of keeping track with what Copic markers, etc., that I used.  I also hope to get a photo box to take pictures in, as my picture here really did not do justice to the card.


10 comments:

  1. What a sweet image. You did a great job coloring her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Sheila. Thank you so much for your sweet words. Don't you just love this image. I guess you can also tell that my favorite color is purple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card! Hope to see many more of your creations :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is sweet and I love all the flowers you used. I have a thing for flowers and swirls. Very, very pretty and congrats on the weight loss. I have got to get back on The Zone, on which I lost 56 lbs in 3 months but a few courses of steroids for my asthma put about 30 back and I hate the way I feel. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat...absolutely precious!! Your blog rocks...and your first Maggie card is just darling....I love the pretty, soft colors...and the flowers are the absolutely perfect touch! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Pat! I love the pretty purples and Tilda is beautiful! Gorgeous flowers and I really like the punched border too!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good first card! I hope as do as well with my first Tilda. The colors are so soft and pretty.
    Sandra Lea

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous first 'Tilda' card. The colors are so pretty and the ribbon is gorgeous. I know this will be the first of many because once the 'maggie' bug hits, you're a lost cause.
    TFS
    hugs
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful Pat! I love the soft lilacs & beautiful embellishments you've used. And I see some awesome shading in the coloring of Tilda!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete