Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

April 20, 2014 - Aussie DT Challenge Using Folds

Hello my friends.  Today our Aussie DT challenge is using folds.

 So I got the old thinking cap on and wanted to do something a little different that some of the folds I've been using, so I am revisiting a technique using folds that I'm sure we all have used many times in our card making.  Its been a long time since I have done a Joy Fold card, so that is what I decided to do. .   I also wanted a larger card than you usually see with a Joy Fold, so I just started guestimating (ok I know that is not a real word LOL) and I was pleased with the final size.  During my thinking and looking at different tutorials, I stumbled upon one that I wish I had seen prior to making this card, 'cause I certainly did the base of it the hard way.  LOL  So the easy way is....figure the finished size card you want  and double the length.  Then fold the CS in half and then cut one of the folds in half.  Saves you trying to figure out where to score and fold.   

I don't know why, but when I chose the image I wanted to color, I immediately though of blues and aquas.  Wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but overall I think I am pleased.  :-)


The flower at the bottom left is a dual reason for being there.  One because I love flowers and usually have them on all my cards, but the other reason....it is keeping the blue fold that the image is mounted on closed.  You will see what I mean in my next picture which shows the entire card opened.  :-)    I loved this image the first time I saw her, my first thought was how sweet and love that little bunny she is holding, so a little bunny love.:-)
If you would like to add this sweet image to your collection you can find her at Sherri Baldy's Etsy  HERE  

A really good friend of mine, Suzanne J. Dean, is a great enabler and  a few months ago and was telling me all about these really neat pencils by Faber Castell called Polychromos.  Well yeppers I had to have them and this image was the first image I colored with them.  And can I tell you all that I am in love with them.  I love they way they color and the ease of coloring too.  I used a hotpress watercolor paper from Amazon.  It was a little pricey, but love the way it worked with the pencils.  I also used a blending stump to soften the colors together.  I will list the colors used when I list the supplies below. Oh and by the way, I am also a very good enabler to all my friends. too.  LOL  

Here is the inside of my card: 

I wanted to use the sentiment, Some Bunny Loves You and I didn't have a stamp or a digi, so I typed it in Word and printed on some cardstock and used a Spellbinders die to cut it out. 

Supplies Used:
Polychromos:
Sky Blue
Hello Blue 
Dark Phthalo
Grey II
Light Magento
Light Flesh
Medium Flesh
Cinnamon
Buster
Naples Yellow
Light Chrome Yellow
Burnt Sienna 
Dies:  Cheery Lynn, Spellbinders & Joy Crafts
Flowers:  Wild Orchid and Prima
Aqua Emblishments - Some in my stash
Card Stock - Stamping up
Designer papers - some in my stash

So I hope that you like my card and you will leave a comment below. I always appreciate hearing your thoughts about my work.  :-)  

I will end todays post with I hope everyone had a very blessed and happy Easter.  May God bless and keep you all.

Many hugs and Happy Stamping.
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pat. I love this.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one knocked out of the park!!!! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat this is like my favorite type of fold and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this in blue, and love that it is a great joyfold card. I'm fold challenged, so I really am impressed with this. That's a lovely rose finial too (guess that would be the right word for a 'closure' trim!). Yep, you're an enabler awright. You been watching Flowers to Flourish or Molly's Square for the new S/B they've had lately? If not, just doing my small bit. Beautiful card. TFS & hugs

    ReplyDelete