Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 28, 2014 Besties Design Team Challenge - Anything But A Card

Hi my friends.  I hope you all had a lovely week-end.  I know I did, in fact I had a blast.  Myself and three other gal pals went to a crafting Expo and took some classes and stayed over and we certainly had a great time together.  We stayed up way to late talking and laughing that's for sure.  

Well our challenge this time is "Anything But A Card".  Hmmmmm that definitely had me thinking what on earth am I gonna do for this challenge.  Thankfully, I guess (cause I spent way too much money LOL), I went to AC Moore for a couple of things and walked by a bin and saw something, and it hit me, yeppers I am going to use this for my challenge.  So I purchased it and then put my thinking cap on and here is what I came up with.  I hope you all like it. 



As you can see, I chose a chalk board and decided to go with a "girlie" look.  :-)  I had Sherri Baldy in mine when I created this, as she loves pink and lace and of course she is the designer of these precious images, and she is our "Bestie"  The image I used was I Say A Little Prayer and you can find her in Sherri's Etsy Shop HERE.

Here is a close up of the image.  

I used my current favorite medium to color with.  I have been using my Faber Castell Polychromos and I am in love with them.  Love the way they blend so easily and with 120 colors a gal can't go wrong.  :-)  I also used my brand new dies from Joy Crafts.  From the very first day I saw this die, I knew it had to come home and live with me.  So I went on a search and found a place in the US that I could order.  The die is really a heart border, but I cut them apart and used randomly.  My flowers are mostly Wild Orchid.  Lace and ribbon flowers were from my stash.  

So I hope you like my interpretation of the challenge and that you will decide to join us.  So grab your favorite Bestie image and come join us on our Besties Challenge Blog HERE

Thank you for stopping by and I sure hope you come again.
Happy Stamping and God Bless,
Pat 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,
    What a lovely creation. It's realy cute with the ribbon and flovers and I Love the besties stamp. Thumbs up.
    regards Hester

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely project, with the chalkboard and all the pink & girlie stuff. Good thinking to cut apart the heart border as you did, as it made such pretty trims. Love the image, and your coloring is phenomenal. No surprise there. WTGo. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete