Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

May 4, 2014 - Aussie DT Challenge Using Flowers and Two Laces

Happy Sunday everyone.  Hope you had a great week-end.  I have been fighting catching a germ the last few days and I sure hope I have kicked it early.  :-)  Got too many wonderful things coming up this week and the next couple to be sick.

So our Aussie Challenge this time is for us to use flowers and two types of laces.  Since I love using flowers and I love lace, it wasn't too hard to visualize my card.  :-)

The image I used from Sherri Baldy's Etsy shop is called Viola Violet and with such a sweet name you can already tell that she should have lace and flowers on her card for sure.  :-)  You can purchase this image by clicking HERE

Here is my card for the challenge.


I decided to color her entire dress using blues and when I finished the blues, I was having a very hard time deciding what other color I wanted to use.  I was texting at the same time I was coloring  to one of my BFF's and she suggested that I use a creamy yellow and that is what I did.  I loved the color combination and luckily I still had some of the creamy flowers left in my stash.  I have been using flowers like crazy lately and I have to replenish my stock.  :-)  Well it sounds like a great excuse to me to order more.  LOL  

The papers I used were ones that I had on hand. The lace at the bottom was found at WalMart believe it or not, but the lace on the corner was purchased from Betty's in Greensboro, NC.  I added the pearls to the lace after I placed on the card.  Flowers are from Wild Orchard.  Love me some Wild Orchard flowers.  :-)  The lace doily die is from Cheery Lynn Dies.  Ticket sentiment is out of a set of stamps from Whimsey.    A dab or two of Stickles was used on the flower in her headband.  

I had lots of fun creating this card and invite you all to come and join us in our Aussie challenge.  Please come and take a look at all the other DT Members cards by clicking HERE

I am entering this in the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girl Challenges and Inspiration HERE
CreativeFingers Challenge Blog HERE
OutLawz Saturday Challenge HERE
Outlawz May Challenge HERE

Thank you once again for stopping by and welcome to all my new followers.  You are all so appreciated and I welcome all of your comments.  

Happy stamping and hugs to all,
Pat


1 comment: