Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

November 1, 2014 - LET IT SNOW - Add Snowflakes & Glitter

Welcome back everyone and welcome to our new My Bestie Aussie DT challenge, Let It Snow (using snowflakes)    Well I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone to try something new this time and I hope you all like it.    If you are familiar with My Besties and shop in Sherri's Etsy shop, well then you have probably seen some of the 3D Deco Sheets of My Besties.  I have had some of these for a while but I just kept looking at them thinking how great they were and thinking that is gonna be some work to cut out.  LOL   So I just decided to bite the bullet and try one and guess what????   I love them.  Well now that I have found the secret,  I cut my first one out with very small scissors and it did take some time but I love the way it came out.  You can find the 3D Deco Sheets in Sherri Baldy's Etsy shop by clicking HERE.


Here is the side view.


I loved working with this image and let me give you a little hint.  I cut all the pieces out by using small scissors and they worked great, but when I had to get into smaller places, I pulled out the old trusty cutting blade and it brought back memories of me years ago cutting out many many many cut and pierced lamp shades.  I had gotten really good at using a blade and thought oh my it has been years and years since I have done anything remotely like that, but guess what, it all came back in a flash and I had control of that blade in no time.  To me it was easier and quicker to use a blade, but I guess it is a personal preference.  :-)  

The only thing I added directly to the image was to put stickles on the fur parts of her boots and hat.  I have several people say that you can use your markers or pencils to enhance and make areas pop.  I may try that on another image later.  

All my supplies were items that I had on hand.  CTMH and Stampin Up Cardstock,  SU glitter paper, Memory box snowflake die, Jolee's snowflake stickers, Sentiment was a freebie and I can't remember where I got it.  

Thank you all so much for stopping by and I encourage you to check out our blog and come and join us for this fun challenge. You can visit the other DT's blogs by clicking HERE.


Stay warm and safe my friends.  The cold weather has returned and so many of you are having snow.  Oh my......way too early for me.  

Hugs and blessings,
Pat

1 comment: