Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

June 1, 2014 - Aussie My Bestie DT Challenge

Good Sunday evening my friends.  Well it's that time again.   Yeppers another great challenge for our Aussie My Bestie DT Challenge.  This challenge required some stitching or some faux stitching.  So I went to my craft area in my basement and "dusted" off the old sewing machine to accomplish.  Had to kind chuckle as I was doing this, because it has been years and years since I have sat down to sew anything, must less sew on a card.  I was very surprised that I even remembered to thread the sewing machine or even how to fill a bobbin. LOL  Also if you had told me years ago that I would ever us my Bernina to sew on paper, I would have said NOOOOOO way.  But it is just sitting there getting no use, and my main focus in my crafty life now is creating cards, so guess I can use it if I want to.  :-)

So here is my card for the challenge and I hope you all like it.  :-)


The Bestie image I used for my card is Bestie IMG 753 and can be found in Sherri Baldy's Etsy Shop.  You can purchase by clicking HERE.  As you can the stitching I used was a zig zag and straight stitching.  I had forgotten how hard it is to line it up when you turn a corner with the zig zag stitch.  But all in all I was pleased, especially since I had not touched my sewing machine in years.  :-)  

Here is a close up of the image.  



I used papers from the stash I had on hand.  Cardstock was Bazzill and Close to My Heart.  I am still on a role with using my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils.  As I have said in several posts, I am so enjoying using them, that I will probably stick to those for a while.  Used flowers from Wild Orchid crafts.  A corner die from Memory Box.  And the corner heart die I believe is from Di-lusionals.  Also used some stickles on the butterflies, her head band, bow and her pantaloons.  

Hope you will take time to have a look at the cards the other Design Team members have created. You can find them by clicking HERE

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world.  Have a wonderful new week and my blessings upon blessing come your way. 

Happy Stamping and blessings,
Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment