Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

June 15, 2014 - Aussie DT Challenge Using Dry Embossing and Dies

Welcome back my friends.  Hope you are enjoying your day and I hope stopping by here brings a little more enjoyment to your day.  :-)  

We have a great challenge going on right now and I'm sure one that you all will want to join. You can join the challenge by clicking HERE.   Who doesn't love dry embossing and dies??  Well I don't know about you all, but I know I use dies on ALL my cards and tend to emboss quite a bit too.  So bring out those trusty embossing folders and dies and get to town.  LOL    For this challenge I used a Sherri Baldy image that you can find HERE.  I love this sweet gal and love her name.  She is called Bashful Bettie.  

So here is the card I designed with using Ms. Bashful Bettie and sure hope that you like it.  


I had a problem trying to get a good picture with this card because the colors are very pastel.  So I put a shout out and a couple of very talented gals sent me a few link to DIY your own lightbox, so I went to the craft store and yeppers I'm gonna make me one so hopefully my photos will start coming out much better and more true to the colors.  :-)  

Here is a little collage of the card that our DT leader made for me, so thought I would share it too.You get a little better close up of some of the dies and the embossing I used.  



I'm not sure I could get much more on this card.  LOL  I kinda went wild with the die cutting.  :-).  Supplies used on this card are:
Dies:  Spellbinders, Memory Box, 
Round 1 1/2" punch and 1 1/4" punch
Small butterfly punch
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Provo Crafts:  Embossing Dies
Paper and Ribbon came form my Stash

I colored the image using the Polychromo pencils by Faber Castell.  Still loving them but I am now trying out my Derwent InkTense pencils and beginning to get very comfortable with those too.  

It may be hard to see, but I embossed the yellow designer and aqua designer papers.  

So that is my card for the challenge this month.  Please take a few minutes and go see the other DT members designs.  They are beautiful.  You can go to the challenge blog by clicking HERE.

Thanks once again for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit my blog.  I truly appreciate you stopping by and would love if you would take a little time to leave a comment.

Have a wonderful week and Happy Stamping Y'all.

Hugs,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment