Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014 - Besties World DT Challenge - Summer Days

Good Monday morning my friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful week-end and are looking forward to a great new week.  :-)

Welcome to our new challenge of "Summer Days"......and yep summer has definitely arrived both on the calendar and in the "heat" we are currently having here in South Carolina.  It has been over 90 and near the mid 90 degree weather for about two weeks now, and I am not a fan of very hot weather. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall.  LOL

When I was deciding which one of Sherri Baldy's adorable images to color for this challenge, I found the absolutely perfect one which to me really says "summer".  Yep sunflowers and all.  I love this image and hope you like her as well as I do.  :-)  The image I used can be found in Sherri's Etsy shop and you can get her by clicking HERE


I did something a little different this time when I started this challenge.  What you say....well I chose my papers first.  LOL  I wish I would get into the habit of doing that for each challenge as it certainly makes life easier than doing it the opposite of coloring first and then looking for the papers.  Not good and it is certainly a time waster by doing it that way.    I had this 6x6 pad of paper for a while and absolutely knew it was what I was going to use.  The whole pad just screams "summer" to me.  :-)  Even down to the tree branches, birds and birdhouses.  

I love easel cards and since there were so many of the design papers I wanted to use, I decided this card had to be an easel.  I think it worked out exactly like I wanted and I loved using the birdhouse paper as showing when the card is standing open.  :-)  

Supplies used:
Grand Spellbinders Dies
Close to My Heart Cardstock
Wild Orchid Crafts (Flowers)
Derwent InkTense Pencils
Memory Box Dies
Stickles

So hope you enjoyed my take on the challenge and that it may inspire you to join us for the challenge.  You can enter your lovely creations by clicking HERE and uploading your cards. 

Entering these challenges:

Thank you once again for stopping by and please do come again.  I truly truly appreciate your visiting and I so appreciate each time you leave a comment.  I love creating and I hope that you like my projects and that in some way I have inspired you to pull out your images and get your creative juices flowing.

Happy Stamping and Many Hugs,
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love your coloring! I love the little yellow swirl like pieces on the top left too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charity. I appreciate your stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful! Love the colours and cute image :) Thank you for joining our June Challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete